Want to improve your sewing skills? This is the perfect course to come on if you have started to sew and are looking to gain a little more confidence on the sewing machine.
Over the one day workshop you will make two items to start you own homeware! A retrostyled peg bag and contrasting double oven glove.
We will use your beginner skills but start to introducing you to quilting and bit by bit you will be expanding your knowledge and abilities on the machines. Make it for yourself or as a special present; either way we guarantee they will be a well loved and used – a very practical addition to your kitchen! All materials are included.
In this workshop we:
• Select our fabric
• Pin, mark and cut patterns from our fabrics
• With step by step guidance we sew our items
What we learn:
• Fabric selection
• Using a paper pattern
• Cutting and marking your fabric for quilting and we explain about some useful ways to make this easy
• Wadding, batting and linings!
• Attach and sew bias binding and we explain the ways you can also make your own with tips and techniques
All materials included, please bring own lunch and if the weather is lovely you can eat it in the park. We will provide a slice of something nice to keep you going.