This is our follow on course from THE SKIRT BLOCK for Women’s PATTERN CUTTING. It is aimed at more experienced dressmakers who have a good knowledge of sewing and dressmaking and who want to create clothes to FIT their own personal shape. (This course is not for anyone wanting to enter the garment industry, however it would give you a good insight and start to understanding the concept of this).
In this 5 week course we create a first BODICE BLOCK which is then tailored to FIT your shape perfectly, this is then translated into a toile and finally you will create one simple top from a choice of simple Block adjustments. It is not necessary for you to have completed the SKIRT BLOCK Course to attend this class, you can start your journey on either the Skirt or Bodice block.
This is NOT for beginners, we expect a reasonable understanding of garments, fabrics and knowledge to be able to make garments up without too much help from the teacher at this stage. (Please ask us if you need some help with this decision) .
Experienced Dress Maker
What you learn
• Taking accurate measurements
• Pattern drafting, including dart design, to perfectly tailor your measurements
• Pattern block adaption, how to add ease and simple adjustments to create your own beautiful tops
• Instruction and factsheets on taking this to the next level (Adding sleeves)
• Your own personal bodice block and top pattern
• Some great tips and techniques to show how to get that professional finish to your garment
What you make
• Bodice Block to your personal fit measurements
• A Toile in calico, this is a fitting procedure to get a perfect fitting Block
• A final bodice block and an adaption to your chosen top design
All materials and fabric for toiles and samples but not for your FINAL GARMENT, we will provide you with fabric information in the class to enable you to get this. We have all the equipment but you are very welcome to bring your own bits; we also have machines but if you prefer to bring your own just let us know (these are unlikely to be used until weeks 3 – 5).
7 – 9pm
5 week course – £125 per person