This course is aimed at newly started sewing bees or what we call adventurous beginners, who have just recently started on their journey in sewing. (Completing one of our beginner classes is a good start)
This really easy to sew wrap skirt is the perfect Summer skirt addition to your wardrobe and once you have made it once you will be knocking them out in many different fabrics, in varying lengths! This is a great to start the journey of dress making , we use a commercial pattern that you will take home and use again.
Adventurous Beginner/Confident Beginner
What you learn
- Using and reading commercial paper patterns the notions, terms and markings
- Fabrics, grains and how to pin and cut fabric correctly
- The right equipment to use
- Darts, waist Facings and ties
- Sewing seams, finishing edges and how to tackle hems
- Top stitching
What you make
- A simple wrap skirt in your choice of fabric (we provide the info to select) length is up to you !
All equipment, pins, scissors and patterns but you will need to bring your own fabric. Don’t worry we will give you lots of advice about this so you get it right.
Thursday 10-12.30pm or Thursday 7-9pm