This is for confident dressmakers who have completed a good number of dressmaking projects and have a good knowledge base of the essential skills and techniques.
Ever wanted to just make your own designs a reality? Do you feel you are paying too much for commercial paper patterns or want to understand how to create a better more professional fit that works with your own body shape? Then we believe this course is for you.
Our tutor will guide you through designing an A-Line skirt tailored to your exact measurements and sewing your garment in a style that equally suits you. You’ll gain an understanding of ease, dart design and pocket creation.
What you will learn:
- Pattern drafting, including dart design, and how to perfectly fit to your measurements
- Skirt construction from hems and seams to facing, interfacing, bias tape and invisible zipper
- Taking accurate measurements
- Slash and spread for adding volume
- How to add waist support, pockets and unique embellishments
What You’ll Make:
- A custom A-Line skirt with an invisible zipper
- An A-Line skirt pattern that you can use again and again
- Hand-sewn pockets that are lined, unlined, inseam, patch- or muffin-shaped
- All materials except skirt fabric – we want you to love and wear this skirt and everyone has their own “style look”
- Use of our excellent sewing machines.
If you do wish to bring your own sewing machine we will need to know this before the course starts so that you are supplied with a list to ensure the machine is fully operational. To be fair to all our customers we want to avoid distractions of faulty or forgotten machines or missing equipment.
- 5 week course £150