Embroidery is really having a resurgence and for lots of reasons embroidery needs to be in your lives. Once you have attended this taster class you will realize how useful this skill is. Repairing worn clothes, darning or decoratively adding a patch to something or just simply adding a personal touch to and old or new garment. Embroidery has it all.
In this 3 hour taster workshop we deliver all that you need to start your creative embroidery journey from the basic stitches, transfer design techniques, types of thread and needles to use, splitting thread, hoops and more. Your Teacher will also be showing you some fantastic cool ways to use embroidery in a more artful way also adding some personal touches to clothing and home textiles.
• Suitable for absolute beginners and improvers
What you learn:
- Basic embroidery stitches
• Equipment and materials
• A little bit of history
• Design transfer ad creation
• Application ideas and guidelines
What you make:
• A sampler
• Start your own Hoop embroidery
• You will be given your own pack a kit to use in the class and take away which will include threads, needles and a bamboo hoop
3 hour class (various options weekdays and evenings and weekends)
£50 small class size