Join us for an exciting class to create your own in-season Elastic Waisted Maxi Skirt – a true showstopper! You’ll love twirling in this stunning skirt, and the best part is that it can be made in just one day.
This class is perfect for absolute beginners who have completed an introductory workshop or course. It’s also suitable for confident and adventurous beginners as well as improvers.
In this class, you will learn:
– Using paper patterns
– Sizing and fitting to your personal measurements
– Fabric information
– Laying out, pinning, marking, and cutting out
– Essential sewing skills and simple pockets for more experienced
– Seams and allowances
– Hemlines and finishing techniques
By the end of the class, you will have made your own Maxi Skirt.
What you need to know:
– Bring your own fabric (details provided below)
– It’s best to purchase threads that match your fabric, and we can provide interfacing and a button
– Remember to bring your own lunch and snacks, as it will be a long day
– Time: 10 am to 5 pm (please arrive at least 15 minutes early to register, as classes start promptly)
– Maximum class size: 6 students
Poplins, linens, and mid-weight cottons are suitable for this project. An old tablecloth could also make for an amazing first skirt!
£115, which includes your pattern and essential haberdashery (except fabric and sewing threads)