This one day workshop is designed for those with little or no experience of sewing on a machine. Beginners in the true sense we start at ground zero, by teaching how to thread and use a sewing machine and we explain the basic parts and uses of the sewing machine. We aim to have you on the sewing machine within 30 mins of starting the class, working on a series of templates and some fun exercises. In the first part of the day you will sew a very lovely drawstring bag, and moving on to create a lovely cushion in the afternoon session – honing your sewing skills so you leave feeling ready to sew!
In this workshop you will learn to make a cushion and drawstring bag which will teach you the following skills:
- One day crash beginners ‘Sewing Machine’ course for Adults.
- Setting your machine up correctly winding the bobbin and threading the machine
- Learning the different functions of the machine/Sewing seams/Sewing in a straight line/Sewing curves, corners and pivoting
- Finishing seams and reverse stitching
- Understanding fabrics, grain lines & seam allowances
- Pinning and marking fabric
- Understanding patterns and pattern markings
- We will make a simple cushion and a drawstring bag using your new skills