A great introduction to the art of hand embroidery for kids and teens.
This is a beginner’s class where we show you how to design and transfer your initials from image onto fabric and then using appliqué another great sewing skill we hand embroider to a backing fabric creating a beautiful piece of hoop art. You will be learning up to 5 basic embroidery stitches and finally presenting it in a lovely ring for hanging on the wall.
- Absolute beginners and improvers
What you learn
- Designing and adding your artwork
- Some basic embroidery stitches
- Button sewing if desired
- Threading and separating thread
What you make
- A piece of hoop embroidery
- All materials and equipment
Time: 2 1/2 hours