Kick of your shoes…join us in your sandals and shades for our KIDS Summer camp. This year our theme is a throw back to the 1960s so catch us on this hippie trail camp for three-days of fun-filled 1960s style themed sewing.
Day 1: Patchwork was a big thing in the 60s and we will be making express patchwork fabric to use in day 2.
Day 2: You will make a mini skirt, a pair of shorts or a Patchwork cushion out of your pre-made fabric from day 1.
Day 3: Finishing off your garment and using any left over fabrics you will make cool accessories to compliment your new garments.
What you will learn:
- About patchwork and piecing fabrics together
- Understanding pattern instructions and cutting out fabric
- Preparing your project for sewing, honing your sewing skills
- Getting things neat by sewing in straight lines
- Design techniques to make your items personal
Dates: Monday 5 August, Tuesday 6 August, Wednesday 7 August
Cost: £75 for 3 days
Beginners need to complete our Sewing Machine Driving Licence or have equivalent experience.
Summer Camps 2019 are run over 3 days a morning or afternoon session depending on age group. Please check before you book.
Bring a snack and of course bags of energy to these classes it’s the perfect start to the Sew Summer Holidays.