Skill Level: Beginner
Suitable for those who have never sewn before or have lost confidence and want a sewing booster.
What you learn:
- The basics of threading the machine and winding a bobbin
- Learning the different functions of the machine/Sewing seams/Sewing in a straight line/Sewing curves, corners and pivoting essential sewing terms, and stitch information
- Finishing seams and reverse stitching
- Understanding fabrics, grain lines & seam allowances Pinning and marking fabric
- Decorative techniques, using applique
- Basic cushion making/Buttonhole and zip insertion
What you make:
Over the course we make a number of projects, a drawstring bag and cushion and a fully lined (bagged out ) toiletry bag
We Provide: All materials are provided
Day and evening and weekend sessions available term time Mondays, Thursdays Fridays and Saturdays.
Cost: 2021 – 3, 4 & 5 week beginners courses £150
Cost: 2022 – 3, 4 & 5 week beginners courses £160