Skill Level: Beginner
Suitable for those who have never sewn before or have lost confidence and want a sewing booster.
What you learn:
• The basics of threading the machine and winding a bobbin
• Learning the different functions of the machine/Sewing seams/Sewing in a straight line/Sewing curves, corners and pivoting essential sewing terms, and stitch information
• Finishing seams and reverse stitching
• Understanding fabrics, grain lines & seam allowances Pinning and marking fabric
• Decorative techniques, using applique
• Basic cushion making/Buttonhole and zip insertion
What you make:
During the course we make a number of projects
- drawstring bag
- fully lined (bagged out) toiletry bag
We Provide: All materials
Cost: £160 choice of 3, 4 or 5 weeks refer to website booking schedule for exact dates and times – various daytime, evening or weekend sessions available.