Make this beautiful classic dress which will become a wardrobe staple, from work wear to casual and evening wear.
Using the Sewing Bees very own ‘Tilly & the Buttons’ Coco pattern, we guide you through the rights and wrongs of sewing with jersey and stretchy fabrics.
An excellent class if you are looking to up your sewing skills and have become reasonably confident in the basics on your machine and have made 3/4 other dressmaking projects.
• Adventurous Beginner
• Confident Beginner
What you learn:
• Guides to different stretch fabrics starting out as a beginner
• The difference between knitted and woven stretch
• Correct way to stitch seams and finish seams
• Different stitches that can be used on different fabrics
• Essential Preparation guidelines
What you make: The Coco Dress
Sewing machines (you can bring your own let us know) and the pattern but you will need your own fabric.
What you need:
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS – Medium weight knit fabric with very little stretch. Look out for interlock knit, double knit, ponte di roma, or feel the fabric to check it’s not too fine or stretchy.
– Dress with funnel neck + cuffs – 2.3m x 150cm wide (2 1/2 yards x 60in) OR 3m x 115cm wide (3 1/4 yards x 45in)
– Plain dress – 2m (21Ž4 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.7m (3 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide and Matching thread
Cost: £125 (4 week course)