Introduction to this simple but highly effective technique for making decorative quilted pieces.
- All levels, including beginners (who can use a sewing machine)
What you learn:
- How shadow quilting differs from conventional patchwork
- Construction of the quilt sandwich
- The fun of creating your own individual design
- How to quilt the layers together
What you make:
You will make a quilted greetings card or wall hanging. Depending on the size and complexity of your design, you may have time to make another.
All the materials and equipment needed. You may bring your own fabric scraps with you if there is something you particularly want to include.
Time: 10am-3pm with a break for lunch.