Weaving is fun and great for using up all those odds and ends and scraps of wool, fabric and lace remnants and even paper can be used. A very sustainable and Eco practise and the makes can be used for so much.
This workshop is an introduction to the basics of weaving with a fun approach we start by Card weaving on and show you how to create an Artful piece with materials you can find at home, then we move on to using a tradition hand loom, you create a small piece of work that can be hung or used as a functional table top mat or wallart.
This is totally original lots of fun we encourage using lots of different yarns and mixing up colours and materials, a great scrap buster project we use all our leftover fabrics.
- Absolute beginners/Beginners with some experience
What you learn
- Weaving and textile basics
- Mixing materials and colours
- Adding texture and interest using other non yarn materials
What you make
- A weaving which can be left on the mini loom (the Hoop) or simply hung on the hoop as Wall Art
- All materials and equipment (you get to keep your weaving card and art works
Time: 3 hours