This is for beginners and new dressmakers who have completed starter courses in Sewing and are wanting to know the essential skills and techniques to start using commercial patterns.
Understanding how to use a sewing pattern is the first step in learning how to sew your own clothes and with so many great patterns out there now is the time to start!
What you will learn:
- How to discover and purchase the most interesting sewing patterns around Melbourne and online
- How to source, download and print a pdf pattern from the internet
- How to read the vital information about style, sizing and fabric found on the pattern envelope
- How to understand the various components of the instruction sheet and the pattern pieces (layout, symbols, measurements).
- How to compile and trace home printed and tissue patterns in preparation for cutting
- How to layout the fabric and pin down the pattern.
- How to transfer markings and prepare the cut pieces for sewing
We will provide:
Equipment, Pins, scissors, cake! and handout notes and lots of very useful tips and tricks!
You can bring along:
Your paper patterns, fabric if already purchased any.
Workshop: Sunday 26th February 1.30-4pm £35