This class is for sewers who have completed one of our absolute beginners courses or workshops and want to either start or improve on their sewing and dressmaking skills.
We use commercial patterns to improve your understanding and knowledge of dressmaking. Depending on your level, we advise on set patterns for dressmaking beginners. In the past we have completed our popular utility dress Zoe from Simple Sew patterns learning the basics of sewing from a paper pattern, Tilly & the Buttons beginners patterns and other indie pattern companies.
Skill Level: (You must have basic sewing knowledge to attend these classes, please contact us if you have any questions)
- Adventurous Beginner
- Confident Beginner
What you learn:
- Understanding and using patterns
- Industry terminology and guidance from the expert teachers
- Fabrics and Preparation
- Sewing techniques and skills
What you make: Garment of your choice
- Equipment and machines (you can bring your own machine of course!)
- Patterns if this is your first dressmaking class we suggest using one of our choices (when you book we will send you this information). However you can bring along your own work and projects to these course, as long as you have discussed and agreed this with the teacher, who will check if your project will fit in with the terms lesson and learning plans (Get in touch before you start)
Cost: £140 – 5 week course/£125- 4 week course