Dressmaking Sewing club for beginners and improvers – weekly term time.
This class is for students who have completed one of our absolute beginners courses or workshops and want to improve and start honing their sewing skills and join the world of making their own clothes. It is also suitable if you are at a good beginner level and need to improve and advance your techniques.
In this class if you are just starting to make clothes we suggest options for you to start on your journey or you can bring your own pattern for the slightly more confident and adventurous, as long as you have discussed and agreed this with the teacher, who will make sure if your project will fit within the terms lesson and learning plans.
In the past we have completed our popular utility dress Zoe from Simple Sew patterns learning the basics of making from a commercial pattern, Tilly and the Buttons patterns are all super popular with us.
What you learn:
- Understanding and using patterns
- Industry terminology and guidance from the expert teachers
- Fabrics and Preparation
- Sewing techniques and skills
What you make: Garment of your choice
- Equipment and machines (you can bring your own machine of course!)
- Patterns if this is your first dressmaking class we suggest using one of our choices (when you book we will send you this information). However you can bring along your own work and projects to these course, as long as you have discussed and agreed this with the teacher.
5 week and 3 week courses are available see book classes for dates and times
(5 week courses are 2 hours per session/3 week courses are 3.5 hours per session)
Class size: Now limited to max 5/6
Patterns and Materials: You will need to bring your own fabric but let us know the details before the class starts.
Contact us once you have booked for more information about the fabrics you need to bring.
Class size is limited to 7
Patterns and some materials are included