The secret of this recipe is that you mix up the batter the night before and leave it to rest overnight, it shouldn’t take you more than 10 minutes from weighing up and getting the batter into the fridge. It’s a real store cupboard treat and if you don’t regularly buy fresh blueberries then have a bag of frozen ones in the freezer.
- 110g Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 65g Caster Sugar
- 110g Plain Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 lemon
- 2 Large Eggs
- 110g fresh blueberries
- Pinch of Cinnamon or Nutmeg
- Cream the butter and sugar together using a mixer, electric whisk for about 3 minutes or the old fashioned way of a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the eggs, mix until well combined.
- Using a fine grater, zest the lemon and add to the batter.
- Sieve and add the flour, baking powder, spice and mix well for couple of minutes.
- Place in the fridge overnight for the best result.
- When ready remove the batter from the fridge, give it a good couple of stirs to loosen it a little as it will be thick.
- Prepare you muffin tin using muffin cases and fill to approx. 3/4
- Press your blueberries into the top of the muffins.
- Bake for approximately 20 mins 200c/400f/Gas 6 until golden.