These are delicious packed lunch bites, they go lovely with hummus, sweet chilli sauce and also as an alternative to a roast potato for Sunday lunch.
Makes 24 mini muffins
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ medium onion (average size)
- ½ red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large handfuls of chopped kale
- 100g tinned kidney beans (or equivalent dried soaked overnight and boiled)
- Salt and pepper
- Large pinch of cumin
- Pinch of sesame seed for topping
Heat Oven 210c
Grease a mini muffin tray
- Place the sweet potato in a pan of boiling water and cook until just tender. Appox 15 mins, do not over boil them.
- Once cooked, drain, mash and add the milk.
- Fry the onion, pepper and garlic in the olive oil to soften.
- Stir in the chopped kale and cook until wilted, take off the heat.
- Add to the sweet potato mix well.
- Add the black beans and fold in.
- Add the cumin. Add the salt and pepper.
- Fill each muffin hole to the top.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on each muffin to finish.
- Cook for 20-25 mins. For a crispy top put until the grill for 5 minutes.
- Leave to cool.