Zesty, delicious Key Lime Pie, a cake to get your mouth watering!
For the base:
175g digestive biscuits
A pinch of cinnamon
For the filling:
1 tbsp. grated lime zest
150ml lime juice
1 large egg yolks
400g condensed milk
For the topping:
150g whipped cream or double cream
- Preheat the oven to 160C, Gas Mark 3 and lightly grease a tart tin.
- To make the crumb crust, put the biscuits, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, using a fork press together until fine crumbs form. Add the melted butter and mix until all the butter is combined.
- Tip the crumb mixture into the prepared tart tin and press over the base and up the sides of the tin.
- Place the tart tin on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- To make the filling, beat the condensed milk, lime juice, lime rind and egg yolks together in a bowl until well blended.
- Remove the tart tin from the oven, pour the filling into the crumb crust and spread out to the edges. Return to the oven for a further 8-10 minutes, or until the filling is set around the edges but still wobbly in the centre.
- Leave to cool completely on a wire rack, then cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Spread with whipped cream and serve.
- Once cooled whip the cream until just still and spread over the pie.